AMVAC’s QC Chemist – 1 performs quality control evaluations of raw materials, process intermediate streams and finished products to assure conformity to established specifications. ?The QC Chemist works a rotating shift and is an important team member at AMVAC’s Chemical Manufacturing plant that operates 24 hours x 365 days per year. ?
AMVAC? Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company, has successfully served the results‐driven global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The QC Chemist – 1 ?will:
- Conduct the testing required to quantify the quality of raw materials, process intermediate streams and finished products
- Use and maintain Gas Chromatography (GC) and High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) equipment
- Perform physical property testing including density, pH, water content
- Record data, maintain logs, produce and deliver reports?
- Maintain a clean and safe work area per OSHA and GLP standards
- Work a rotating shift schedule (24 x 7) including weekends and holidays
Skills & Qualifications
- 1+ years of chemistry background in analytical, organic and/or inorganic laboratory (GLP) techniques
- Ability to analyze and interpret data from experiments and instruments
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other people in the Department and with Production personnel
- QC analytical methods for both (Gas Chromatography) and LC (Liquid Chromatography)
- Calibrate and operate instrumentation including titration equipment, spectrophotometer and density meter
- Computer skills in including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to pass post-offer physical, background checks and other appropriate tests as required
B.S. Chemistry degree or B.S. in scientific field that includes laboratory experience
- Shift differential pay
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.