AMVAC’s Custodian keeps the facilities in the plant in a clean and orderly condition. Performs heavy cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, shampooing carpets, washing walls and glass, and removing trash. Duties include performing minor maintenance activities and notifying management of need for repairs.
Shift: Swing?(3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.)
AMVAC? Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company, has successfully served the results driven global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. ?AMVAC is considered an essential business and this role is key in maintaining a clean, safe and healthy work environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of manufacturing offices including desks and furniture, conference rooms, restrooms, locker rooms, lobby area and kitchens
- Empty & clean waste cans
- Vacuum carpet and clean floors
- Clean and disinfect restrooms and locker rooms including sinks, toilets, floors and mirrors
- Clean and disinfect kitchens, drinking fountains, microwaves and fill dispensers
- Weekly cleaning of manufacturing offices, conference rooms & kitchen including refrigerators
- Weekly cleaning of air purifiers, fans, air vents, blinds, light fixtures and bookshelves
- Complete assigned Quarterly tasks including shampoo carpets, thoroughly clean and wax floors
- Perform additional related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Follow safety guidelines including oral and written safety procedures and policies
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Basic Math and English language skills; ability to read and follow directions provided by manufacturer
- Be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds frequently, move 50 pounds – 100 pounds occasionally
- Function and perform the job duties while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as found in a chemical manufacturing plant and working around hazardous materials
- Follow oral and written instruction
- Work outside; occasional exposure to wet, hot and cold conditions
- Must also pass post‐offer drug test, background check and other appropriate tests as required.?
- High school or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ year work experience in a similar position
- Compensation commensurate to experience
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision,
- Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
- Life and AD&D Insurance?
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.