The Packaging Line Operator at the AMVAC Marsing facility works on the small packaging line operating various types of machinery to package, label and prepare product for shipping.?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates the filling machinery, container capper, semi-auto labeler and casing equipment
- Assists at the palletizing station
- Sets up equipment for filling, capping, labeling, coding and casing machine components to accommodate various sizes of packages
- Oversees packaging quality insuring conformance standards are met and in controlling different stages of packaging
- Accurately completes paperwork on work orders for amount and type of products that are packaged
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of area in and around the small packaging equipment; properly stacks and warehouse packaging components
- Follows all safety rules and actively participates in plant safety health management system
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience operating hand and power tools including storage and routine maintenance
- Basic math and reading skills to follow instructions, procedure manuals and report results
- Physical requirements including climbing, balancing and regularly move / lift up to 70 pounds
- Work outdoors in all type of climates (below freezing and up to 90F in the summer)
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year of work experience (manufacturing preferred)
- Experience operating a forklift or similar truck ?
- Competitive pay – Depending on Experience
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life,
- Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan
AMVAC Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company, is an essential business that successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. (NYSE: AVD)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.